About Dewald Claassen
In October 2019, Dewald Claassen joined NovioTax as an associate. In this capacity, he serves many midsized and large MNE clients. Dewald specializes in the field of international tax law, tax structuring of investments and transfer pricing. He also provides insight in all tax matters related to the South African Tax regime. Before joining NovioTax he was practicing as an Associate at Schindlers Attorneys, in South Africa.
Dewald completed his Bcom LLB (majoring in Accounting And Taxation) and his Post-Graduate in Advanced Taxation qualification from the University of Pretoria. He is currently completing a Masters Programme in International and European Tax Law at the University of Maastricht.
He also acts as the Chairperson for the International Committee of FIRST Maastricht, a student body for fiscal students at the Maastricht University.
- International community strikes a ground-breaking tax deal (October 2021)
- Kuwait – South African Protocol affects the lower WHT on Dividends between South Africa and the Netherlands (June 2021)
- Russia - Netherlands DTAA terminated by January 1 2022, will it be replaced? (May 2021)
- Participation exemption regimes could cost WHT reliefs under EU Parent-Subsidiary Directive and DTAAs (January 2021)
- Interrelating treaties lower the WHT on Dividends between South Africa and the Netherlands (December 2019)