About Johann Müller
Johann Müller has 30 years’ experience as an international tax and transfer pricing specialist. He specialized as tax lawyer at the University of Amsterdam. He has worked in Amsterdam, London, New York and Denmark. The first years of his career was spent as tax adviser working with mergers and acquisitions, cross border structured finance and corporate reorganizations in Amsterdam, London and New York. Thereafter he has worked as in-house counsel in various multinationals in Denmark. These MNEs operate, among others, in international shipping, off-shore hydrocarbon services, tobacco and medtech. He also worked as case handler for the Danish competent authority in transfer pricing, dealing with cross border tax disputes and APAs and represented Denmark at Working Party 6 on transfer pricing at the OECD. Johann also assists MNEs around the world with filing their Country by Country Reports by converting them from Excel into xml.
Publications / activities
- Published the book “The Netherlands in International Tax Planning” with the IBFD in 2004 (as well as an updated edition in 2007).
- Co-editor of the Kluwer Tax blog on international taxation.
- Editor of Kluwer's PE+ database on the taxation of permanent establishments in various countries in the world.
- Frequent publisher of videos on YouTube and LinkedIn discussing recent and important international tax and transfer pricing cases from around the world.
- Lecturer of online training courses in international tax and transfer pricing.